Supporting your child with bereavement
For 5 - 16 year olds
Jigsaw (South East) is a charity providing support to bereaved children and young people and those facing the loss of a loved one. They accept referrals for children from 5 to 16 years old. You can make a direct referral or the referral can come from a professional working with children in health, education or social care. Jigsaw will work with your family and are also able to provide support and advice to your child's school.
Where a family has a life-limiting illness, Jigsaw (South East) work with the Macmillan Family Support service to offer support. They aim to be child-centred and to offer tailored support to your family. This can involve practical, emotional and therapeutic support, including play therapy, drama therapy and using children’s natural means of expression and communication.
They can offer:
- initial meetings at home or at school
- individual work with children in the family at home or at school
- sibling, family or small groups
- signposting to other agencies and organisations
- information and advice
- advice, information and resources and support to professionals working with families and children.
If you would like to refer your child or family to one of these services, call 01342 313895 or email email@example.com or look at their website for online support.