Do you live or work with children or young people with PDA?
Would you like some training to help you support them to reduce anxiety and improve their daily lives?
Side by Side Training provides face to face training in Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) for parents and professionals. It will improve understanding for anyone living or working with children and young people with these conditions.
The course covers:
- Understanding PDA and the diagnostic criteria
- How PDA differs to Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- How emotional intelligence can be taught to reduce anxiety
- Effective communication and enabling co-operation
- Strategies to improve the learning outcomes both at home and school
The trainer, Karen Whichello, previously worked in a specialist autism school supporting children within the classroom with behaviour difficulties. Her specialism was PDA and Asperger’s Syndrome including children with suspected or confirmed PDA.
Next training dates with availability:
- Friday 5 February, from 10am to 2pm in London Victoria.
- Friday 4 March, from 10am to 2pm in Reigate.
There is a £75 charge per person for each of these courses which include the workshop, a hard copy of the presentation and lunch.
For more information contact Karen Whichello on 07850 264265 or book via Side by Side Coaching and training/booking
Specialist coaching and support group
Side by Side also run family coaching for people who have children, young adults or family members with Autism, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or PDA.